Friday, December 19, 2008

You Gotta Love Snow and Swinging With Daddy Layout

I got crazy with pictures. I actually have more.

The storm hit us in the middle of the night. At 8:00 it was already 6 inches, by three in the afternoon it was almost 10 inches. So my kids had no school today! I got to sleep in for another hour. It was so nice.

My two little ones had trouble walking in the snow. The oldest Lindsey was rolling around in the snow.

I was thinking of doing a snow angel, but I was afraid snow would creep into my clothes. The snow was so deep. It was also windy, so we had massive snow drifts.

Later in the day a couple of cars got stuck trying to go down the street. My husband and a couple of our neighbors grabbed their snowblowers and help them out. I felt really good. I looked at my kids and said we are very blessed to have a man like Daddy.

I hope the tow trucks come out and plow our streets. I need to go grocery shopping for the Christmas Eve dinner and just food for the week.















The title of this layout is Swinging with Daddy. It was really easy, but just time consuming. I used printed paper from the fall collection of Joann's Book Stock. I ripped off 2 inches of the paper near the edge and adhered it to the sides of the page. I then used Stampin' Up's natural buttons and tied each button with brown thread floss. Each button was glued on to the ripped side of the paper. I then mounted the photos on brown paper.

As I said before I am button crazy!




Photobucket

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You've got TONS of snow! Makes everything look nice, but no fun when you need to get out in it!

Sassy Runner Girl said...

Love all the buttons on the layout!! Def. time consuming though :)
Wishing I had snow here in VA- no such luck :(

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

I try to get the kiddos I nanny for to play out in the snow and it lasts 2 minutes and then they start complaining "I'm cold!" and go inside and then I wonder why I just spent 20 minutes bundling them up!

Michelle said...

I'm so jealous of the snow!! I'd hate the road conditions, but oh, I love snow! Love the layout as always...you're so good!

Thanks for telling me how to do the linky thing, haven't tried it yet, but I think I get your instructions...you are too funny!!

Sandy said...

We had tons of fun too! Our snow turned to sleet later in the day. My kids would still not come in! They did not even care that they were being pelted with ice. Kids are funny that way:)

Anonymous said...

I love snow days...

Great memories.

Of course I grew up in CA where they canceled school if a single snow flake fell. You guys got buried.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Look at all that snow!!! WOW! I have all my windows open right now and ceiling fans going full blast, lol!

Lovely scrap pages - as ALWAYS!!

Yes, you may "swipe" the award, IF you list your five things first on my comments! =)

Kailana said...

Howdy! You have a Christmas Spirit Award waiting for you at my blog...

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

OMG! loads of snow!
We never get as much sonow! WOW!I loved the layout.
I miss summer! :-)

Unknown said...

We were hit by the same storm - only got about 7 inches total though, it was more than enough for us!! Hubby stayed home Friday too - wasn't gonna brave the roads. My sister lives downstate and only got ice - lost her power for almost 24 hours, that makes me think that I'll take the snow any day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...