Friday, January 9, 2009

Michaela's Baptism Layout I And A Little Ranting


This is the layout I did of Jessica Cowan's sketch from Sisterhood of Scrap. The picture I am using is Michaela. This was her baptism. The sketch was cool, but when I did my layout based on it, well, I don't know. It doesn't seem to work with the materials I used. I used paper that had the purple theme, First, I think the picture is to small for the sketch, she did use a bigger picture. Second the yellow paper with the flowers on it seems out of place. Oh well.

First, I had adhered a 12 x 12 purple cardstock to the page. Second I put a lighter purple cardsctock on 1/4 of the page. On top of that to the left is white cardstock called Bling, because it is kind of shiny. I had cut it with the antique scissors to give it a wavy look. Then to the right of the light purple I put a strip of printed paper with the flowers that I had cut out. Then the photo. Then next to the photo I had measured out the flowery purple paper to sit higher then the photo. The title went around the photo. It was letters made of paperboard with glitter. I bought it, did not make it. Then to the right I had glued clear rhinestones. Then on the bottom, I had cut out a strip of purple-pink from the same paper from the flowers.

I guess the layout will grow on me.

Hey, Gals, how would you feel, if someone used your driveway as their personal parking space? Me, not to happy. You see, I live right by the school and people will use it to turn around on the street. That is fine, expected. But, lately, people have actually parked their car on my driveway and GOT OUT and walk to pick up their kid from school. HELLO!!

One person was actually blocking the sidewalk, which is illegal in Michigan. If a person is hit by a car because they had to walk in the street, not only is the car sued, but so is the home owner. Also he is blocking the driveway so people could not turn around in the street. So as people were walking by my house, I am telling them "Not my car" . Well the guy comes and says he is sorry, but he was running late and his kid is 5 years old. Well, I told him it was against the law. He just looked at me, like I was a Bi***. Your know what, they do not release the kindergarteners unless their parents are their to pick them up. So, the kid would have never been outside alone.

So, the cops are going to be doing a check on my street to keep people in line. They usually do that a couple times a year anyways, to scare people for a couple of weeks.

To me, it is not just a "Hey this is my property you are parking on", but also a safety issue.

I had to rant a little bit.

You all have a good Friday night.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Vickie: I actually found your blog through BATW, AND guess where I grew up...Sterling Heights! My mother-in-law still there!

Ally in Wonderland said...

You should put cones up at the end of your driveway to discourage the parkers. It would be a bit more work and also scare off the turn-arounders, but it'll save you the lawsuit!

Anonymous said...

Oops....you'd hate me. I'm guilty of blocking a driveway once or twice to run and grab the kiddos from preschool. I guess in my point of view I don't see any cars in the driveway and it's 11:00 so I assume the people are working and won't even know the difference. But, you've opened my eyes! I will no longer block their driveway!

Finding Normal said...

You're nicer than I am. I don't even like them turning around in my driveway and leaving tire tracks on it. Anal much? Brand new house = brand new driveway. Blocking my driveway? That would be a huge issue. We don't usually have a problem, but sometimes if one of the neighbors is having a big garage sale, it happens. And I get pissed, even if I'm not going anywhere.

MarciaBrady said...

First, I like the color scheme you used, but of course, I also like purple!!

Second, I wouldn't be happy either. What if there's an emergency and you needed to get out and couldn't because your driveway was blocked. I wouldn't be happy either! I just don't think people have common courtesy anymore. So, rant away!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I think your page looks great!!

As for your driveway - I agree 100%! Some people just do not THINK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!

I saw your grabbed my new button-the code is messed up, I'll let you know when it's fixed...grrrr.....

Anonymous said...

You deserved a rant for that! I found you through BATW and I'm a Michigan mom too! I also love, love, love scrapbooking. I just moved my scrap supplies out of the basement up into a spare bedroom. Now all I need is a work surface and I can get back in business!
Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Award for you at my blog!

Anonymous said...

Awards for you!......

Mammatalk said...

Wow! I can't believe someone would park in your driveway!! Good for you for standing up for you.

Tlbran said...

Great page. I like the color scheme. I think the yellow patterned paper softens the page. I think I would be made also if someone parked in my yard.

Mary Anna said...

I had my former neighbor's MIL park in front of my driveway once. I politely walked over and asked her to move and she actually said "Not right now - I don't feel like going outside." HELLO! I wanted to leave my house!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...