Friday, May 11, 2012

Homemade Tortillas

When I went shopping this past week I only bought taco shells to use with tacos.  But I decided I wanted tortillas.  Going to the store again didn't fit in the budget so I made tortillas!!  I used this recipe from Allrecipe.  Look at the comments too.  You can grab some tips from what people comment on.  I did.  Instead of using lard I used butter/margarine.  The hubs and kids loved it!!  I told them that I will not be making tortillas every time we have tacos.  I would just make buying them fit in the budget next time;)
When you use it just nuke it in the microwave to help it to bend.  I also tried to make it as thin as possible but mine are still thicker than the stores.  But that was okay...still worked:)
 Photobucket

3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

They look fantastic!!! Did they taste great too?? Yummy!

Sandy said...

I've always wanted to try making my own. They look great!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

You are so resourceful! I like to soften them a bit in the microwave too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...