Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Salt Dough Ornaments

A few weeks ago I was visiting my friend Sandy of Moments of Mommyhood, when she gave the recipe on salt dough ornaments and keepsakes in this post. I thought it was so adorable. I knew the girls and I were going to do it. But we ran out of time and energy. Then my other friend, Noelle of Little Bits and Pieces Of Me, reminded me of the ornaments. So, we got busy this afternoon:)

The top box is the girl's collection. Adela had mixed all her colors together and all hers looked black. I had to contort my face so I wouldn't stifle her creativity. It was sooo hard not to speak up;)
The bottom box is mine. I went a little farther. After the paint dried, I used Mod Podge and added a little snow glitter to the snowman and red glitter to the stocking. Unfortunately, you can't see the coolness of the glitter.

We had so much fun that I told the girls we will do it again tomorrow with the extra dough. We are going to use animals cookie cutouts:)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

I'm not sure which is cooler....that you got to spend time with Sandy or that you made these adorable ornaments!!! She always does the coolest stuff with her kids!

EmmaP said...

I actually love the black star. I saw a beautiful christmas tree this year in Green and Black decor...

I am glad you remembered your project! how fun!!!

Tara said...

They look great!

Sandy said...

They turned out great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...