Saturday, January 31, 2009
DCWV Match Makers Cardstock, textured white core, brights
DCWV Match Makers, The Spring Stack
Tag - Creative Tags
Making Memories white brads
K&C Company Stickers
Stamp - Heartfelt Sayings, Close To My Heart (inside card)
Computer font on vellum
Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
What you do is, go to the 6th photo file and take the 6th picture.
This was taken in December of 2007. It is of Lindsey and Michaela playing with Floam. Lindsey got it for her birthday. Michaela just woke up from a nap. She looks a little tired. At the right hand corner of the picture is Michaela's Clydesdale Webkinz. Yup, they are crazy about them animals.
Now I am to tag 6 people.
Have fun girls seeing what pops up!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Now I am going to give this award to my first two followers. They started coming to my blog when I first started blogging. They have been supporting me from the beginning.
Thank you friends. I like to think if we lived close to each other, we would be friends in real life. Jeannie, I would be playing with your new stamps and Sandy, I would try to hook you on scrapbooking.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Interesting fact about her. She actually was the designer of this award as well. It made its way back to her. I thought that was a hoot.
Thirdly, you guys posted such nice comments about me. I was feeling so gushy this weekend. I was feeling the bloggy love.
Now the poo poo news. All my kids have been sick for the past three weeks. The first two took turns. Now it is my little one. She has a fever, cold and a sore throat. I can't get her to take her medicine. She just spits it out. I gave her a bath in hopes that it makes her feel better. It did for little bit. She is not eating much and only drinks a little bit. If she doesn't get better in the next couple of days, I am gonna have to take her to the doctors.
Gosh, my house is a huge petri dish!! These germs are just getting passed around. Round and round they go, where they stop, nobody knows.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
The Five peeps I chose are:
Katie gave me the Honest Scrap award. Katie just lives an hour away from me. Don't be surprise if one of these months we are caught scrapping together! Check out her blog. The last couple of post she listed websites giving away free stuff. I check it out already!! Now the rules here is to award 7 people this award and list 10 honest things about you. I wanted to spread the bloggy love and split my peeps up, so I can only award 6. I didn't want to bombard people. The six are:
The 10 honest things are:
- I hate feet, even my own. But I like baby feet. Crazy!
- I want another baby:)
- I don't ever want to go back to work, but I know I will have too in a few years.
- I suck at housekeeping.
- I am a blogaholic.
- I may actually watch too much TV.
- I hate folding socks.
- I love going to the library.
- I need to lose 50 pounds.
- sometimes, I think I could be a better wife and mother.
Friday, January 23, 2009
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My Mom told me I was named after Queen Victoria. I though that was so cool. But later she tells me, it was to shut me up because I kept asking about my name. Thanks Mom.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? A few hours ago, watching "Greys Anatomy" I had DVR'd it last night.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Most times
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Ham.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Yes, I have 3. Lindsey - 8, Michaela - 4, Adela - 2 1/2
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yup!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? I think I do, but I don't think people get me sometimes.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? NO WAY JOSE'!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? It is new, Kelloggs Chocolate Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla with chocolate swirl
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their fingernails.
14. RED OR PINK? Red. Pink makes me look even fatter! Yikes!!
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My extra 50 pounds.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My Dad.
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?? Yes, but I totally understand if they don't. We are a busy bunch.
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue pants and no shoes.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? "Little Bear"
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Purple.
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? A magnolia tree when it is blooming.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My Husband.
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS NOTE? Yup!
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Detroit Tigers Baseball. I love Kenny Rogers, their pitcher. NOT THE SINGER!!
25. HAIR COLOR? Dark Brown.
26. EYE COLOR? Hazel
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Taco Bell.
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? On Tv - "Armageddon"; at the movies - "The Simpsons Movie"
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Gray with Snoopy on it
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer.
33. HUGS OR KISSES? Can I say both?
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Ice cream cake.
35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Katie
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I don't know.
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? "Georgianna, The Duchess of Devonshire", since October. Since I started blogging, my reading has fallen to the bedside and collecting dust.
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Penguins
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn't watch TV! OMG!!
40. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Children giggling! That is a good one Sandy.
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Rolling Stones.
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I like to scrap and stamp, but I am not a pro.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Detroit, MI
45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Every one's!
46. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? At a bar in another country. Okay, I live right next door to Canada, so it is not that hard to be in another country.
I know you are supposed to do 25 people, but I don't think I know that many.
I also want to say that I had gotten two awards. I will post them in a bit.
We did this project two weeks ago. The book was "The Snow Speaks" by Nancy Carlstrom.
We ripped pieces of white paper and then glued them on another sheet of paper. Like layers of snow. Then we put glitter glue and more glitter on the top. We used cotton balls for snowmen. As you will see when you scroll down, the kids love the glitter glue.
Here is Lindsey's, the eight year old. She came after we had finished. Lindsey's is different. She used cottonballs for everything.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
- What color are your socks you have on now? White with gray at the tootsies and heal.
- Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My Husband.
- What did you have for lunch today? Mac -n-cheese.
- Name someone you admire. Right now, I have to say, Oprah.
- How many cars have you owned? 4 cars.
- How many homes have you lived in? 3 homes.
- Are you left-handed or right-handed? Right-handed.
- Do you wear shoes around the house? No.
- What was the last thing you took a photo of? A leaf on untouched snow.
- Do you like hot chocolate? Yup!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Here is Adela, Lindsey gave her the nickname, Squishy Cheeks.
This layout is called Namesake. We had named our second child Michaela Lucille, after my Dad and Jason' Great Aunt Lucy. I got the idea from "Creating Keepsake Magazine". I love this paper. It has stripes of glitter on it.
I just want people to know, that I was just bummed about losing a follower. I swear I was not fishing for followers.
I also want to thank my bloggy friends for the nice comments you said. I know who my friends are and thanks.
Created by OnePlusYou - Free Online Dating
Well, there you have it, I have issues!
(Reposting) After posting the fun stuff, I noticed - I lost a follower. I don't know why I feel like someone punched me. This particular person never visited my blog. But, it was still crummy to see.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
I received this award from Yaya. I find this women funny and inspring. I wish her and her husband to be blessed soon. Yaya, I am so glad I decided to check your blog out.
Now, I received this adorable award already, and I followed the rules with giving it to 10 people. But, I have another person I want to give it to:
- Michelle - Right now she is going thru alot of stuff. So, if you have time, go give her some bloggy love.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
I decided to read "Zug the Bug" and make fingerprint bugs with watercolors. I am not really creative, so it is extremely easy.
First you just put all over the paper whatever color you want with the paint. Then you let it dry.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
This award is given to you in appreciation of your lovely and witty comments and for always knowing the right thing to say at the right time....
I am to pass this award on to 10 bloggers that make me feel special. I have so many bloggy friends to choose from.
I also was given an award by Kelley. She is one of my Sisterhood stamping buddies. Check her work, it is fantastic. Her cards are lovely. I already have this award, so if any of my bloggy buddies do not have this award, please take it for your wonderful blogs.